National Cheng Kung University, Department of Economics,
Position Title/Short Description
Title: Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor/ Professor
Section: International: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Tainan City, TAIWAN
JEL Classification: 00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Department of Economics at the National Cheng Kung University invites applications for a full-time faculty member position at all ranks starting February 1st, 2023. This is a position with more teaching duties that require teaching of no less than 8 hours of economics courses in English a week. Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree in economics or a related discipline. Successful candidates should demonstrate high-quality teaching potential in courses that use English as a Medium of Instruction (EMI). Teaching performance is subject to the appraisal of the Office of Academic Affairs.
(Applicants cannot currently be a full-time faculty or certified research staff in public/private universities or research institutions in Taiwan)
Shortlisted candidates will give an English job talk and a 20-minute EMI teaching demonstration, followed by a job interview.
· Cover letter (please clearly indicate the specific rank you intend to apply)
· CV -- Teacher Certificate issued by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of China (Taiwan) if available
· Job market paper/samples of recent research
· Evidence of teaching effectiveness
· Official transcripts (only for applicants for assistant professorships)
· Three letters of recommendation
· Doctoral diploma
Instructions: Please upload materials online using the AEA JOE platform.
Contact: Department of Economics, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 701, Taiwan. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 07/31/2022